The Sensitivity Handbook: Training Materials for Developing Balanced Sensitivity
Revised February 2003
General Structure for Each Training Session
- Turn the attention from previous activities
- Breathe normally through the nose, not too quickly, not too slowly, not too deeply, not too shallowly, and without holding the breath
- Count as one round the cycle of exhalation, a quiet period of rest, and inhalation
- Count eleven rounds of breath twice
- Reaffirm your motivation
- Wish to achieve balanced sensitivity to be able to use your potentials for the benefit of everyone, including yourself
- Feel your energy raised and directed toward this aim
- Consciously decide to concentrate
- If your attention wanders, you will bring it back
- If you become dull or sleepy, you will wake yourself up
- Imagine adjusting the fine focus dial on the lens of your mind so that your mental state is sharp and crisp
- Adjust your posture by sitting up with your back straight
- Modulate your energy level
- To raise your energy if you are feeling sleepy, focus between your eyebrows with eyes looking upward and head remaining level
- To settle and ground your energy if you are feeling nervous or tense, focus on your navel with eyes looking downward, head remaining level, and gently holding your breath
- Looking downward or closing your eyes, settle your mind by focusing on the sensation of the breath passing in and out your nostrils
- Generate or access a certain attitude or feeling toward someone
- Direct it at the person and regard him or her in that way
- Looking downward or closing your eyes once more, let the experience settle by focusing on the feeling gained from the exercise.
- Regain your composure by focusing again on the sensation of the breath passing in and out your nostrils
- Wish that the positive energy of any insight or experience you have gained adds to your network of positive experience.
- Wish that this network expands and deepens so that you reach balanced sensitivity and thus are of more benefit to yourself and to others
- Wish that everyone may gain balanced sensitivity
Join us in trying to benefit others.
Support our work!
This website relies completely on donations. Its maintenance, preparation of the remaining 70% of our planned material, and further translating is costly. Although we currently have 80 volunteers, 23 essential team members require payment. Help us raise the 100,000 euros (US $150,000) required each year
to continue providing our website free of charge.
Reaching Our Goal (35%)